【職場英語】
出刊日期: 
2007/02/15
期數: 
第七十四期

企業合併(Merger)與收購(Acquisition)
為了減少經濟不景氣帶來的持續虧損,許多企業紛紛出售賣出。這個現象在國內外都還不斷發燒中。我們來學學有關企業合併與收購常見的英文單字吧。Let’s go!
1. merger (n.)合併
Due to the decline of the sales figure, it is said that the merger will occur within those who have been losing money for the past three years.
由於銷售額不斷下滑,那些虧損3年的企業可能會採取合併。

2.acquisition (n.)收購
Many employees are not used to the management style of the new boss after acquisition and having a hard time to adjust themselves.
許多員工不習慣新老闆的管理方式,因此很辛苦的自我調適。

3.target firm/company (n.)被相中的公司
The big corporation is working on persuading the target firm to agree to be acquired in next fall.
這家大企業正在說服他們相中的公司答應明年秋季時的收購。

4.takeover (n.)轉移/接收
The takeover went smoothly because both of the companies considered it a very positive movement.
整個接收過程非常順利,因為兩家公司都一致認為這是個有建設性的決定。

5.make a bid (n.)投標
The new computer enables people to make a bid online.
我們可以透過新的電腦程式在線上投標。

6.dispose of (ph.)處理
The team of new high-ranking managers is disposing of the liability partially by laying off some unproductive employees.
新的高階主管團隊藉由開除一些沒有生產力的員工作為處理債務的途徑之一。

7.the parent company (ph.)母公司
The strategy of the parent company is to strengthen the connection between the employees and their new managers in the wake of being acquired.
就在收購之後,母公司下一步的策略是加強員工跟新主管的聯繫。

8.tie (n.)關係
We have a strong tie with several well-known prestigious enterprises in the newly developing market.
在新開發的市場裡,我們跟幾家知名的企業有相當緊密的關係。

9.profitable (adj.)有利潤的
According to the total revenue last year, this product is expected to be very profitable in the following years.
從去年的總收入來看,這項產品在未來幾年都還是會帶來不少利潤。

10. low-cost manufacturing (n.)低成本的生產力
Low-cost manufacturing plays an integral role in many outsourcing strategies; therefore, it is the ultimate goal of many corporations.
委外尋求低成本製造商策略扮演著重要的角色,所以也是許多企業的終極目標。
資料來源:時代國際英日語中心

時代國際英日語中心為本會特約商店,凡憑銀行員工會認同卡可享85折優惠,並贈送〔企業強權-傑克威爾許再造奇異之道〕1本(市價360元)。

時代國際英日語中心為本會特約商店,凡憑銀行員工會認同卡可享85折優惠
洽詢電話:02-5580-6888(推廣中心); 02-2311-6600(站前校);02-2775-2700 (東區校);02-8953-0099(板橋校)

出刊日期: 
2007/03/15
期數: 
第七十五期
China’s banking system was unsatisfactory with non-performing loans as the norm. This all contributed to exacerbating China financial crisis. For foreign business, the biggest risk is in the Chinese government nebulous policies and laws as well as non-transparent information. More steps need to be taken to strengthen stock market operations in China and guard against insider trading. One other common complaint is that the credibility of Chinese company financial reports leaves much to be desired.
  大陸銀行體系中不良貸款的素質欠佳,逾期放款的情形非常普遍,加深了中國大陸財政危機。對外商來說,最大的市場風險在於政府模糊的政策與法規,及資訊的不透明。股票市場的運作、內線交易等規範都有待加強,財務報表可信度亦讓人不安。
財經名詞
■ Debt Consolidation 負債整合
 What is the length and terms on the loan?
 貸款年限及條件為何?
 Can I pay extra on the loan without any penalties?
 我可多付一點提早還款而免付違約金嗎?
 What is going to be my total payout during the life of the loan?
 貸款期間應付總額為何?
■ Personal wire transfer 個人電匯
■ To avoid the hassle of paying monthly bills, I set up automatic payment of my school loan and credit card.     為避免每月支付帳單的麻煩,我開立自動轉帳繳款帳戶以支付助學貸款與卡費。
■ For a Taiwan Bank client making a payment on new machinery, Sophia sets up an intercompany wire transfer. Sophia 幫一個台銀的客戶進行企業間轉帳以支付新機器的款項。
資料來源:時代國際英日語中心
出刊日期: 
2007/04/15
期數: 
第七十六期
  你是否曾經有過老外在銀行營業廳無助徘徊,你想開口幫忙,但卻又不知如何表達的情形嗎?這裡有幾句實用的句型,讓你在面對老外時,可以迅速地替他/她解決問題,我們一起來學學喔!
1. Do you want to open an account?
    你要開戶嗎?
2. What kind of account would you like to open?
    你想開什麼樣的帳戶?
3. Would you like to open a saving account?
    你要開一個儲存帳戶嗎?
4. The initial deposit for the saving account is NT $1000 dollars.
    最低開戶存款金額為新台幣1000元。
5. Where do you want to wire the money to?
    你想匯款到哪裡?
6. Do you want to withdraw money?
    你想領款嗎?
7. Do you want to deposit money?
    你想存款嗎?
8. Do you want to apply for a ATM card?
    你是否要申請辦理提款卡?
9. There is a service charge of US$20 for wiring the money.
    我們酌收美金20元匯款手續費。
10. May I see your ARC and passport please?
    我可以看你的工作證及護照嗎?
11. You have a balance of NT$10,000 in your account.
    你的戶頭裡面有新台幣1萬元。
12. Do you want to apply for a bank statement?
    你想申請存款餘額證明嗎?
13. The exchange rate between the American and Taiwanese dollar is 1 to 33 today.
    今天美金對新台幣的匯率是1比33。
14. You will need to take a number slip and wait for your turn.
    你需要先抽號碼牌,並依序等候服務。
15. You need to fill out this form.
    你需要填寫這張單子。
16. Do you want to cash this traveler’s check into Taiwanese dollars?
    你想兌現這張支票嗎?
17. Hold on a second, I will have somebody come and help you.
    你稍等一下,我請專人為你服務。
RSS feed