【職場英語】
出刊日期: 
2007/05/15
期數: 
第七十七期
Taking a Missing Credit Card Call
信用卡掛失服務

■ I want to report a stolen card. (card missing) I've misplaced my credit card.
  我要通報信用卡失竊(或遺失)。我的信用卡不知放哪兒去了?
■ I need it replaced right away.
    我需要立即補發。
■ How long will it take to get my replacement card?
    我的信用卡補發要多久時間?
■ Can you check the last charges made on this card?
  你能不能查一下這張卡的最後幾筆消費帳目?
■ I'm not liable for unauthorized charges, am I?
  我不必負擔遭盜刷的費用,對吧?
■ I don't have my account number handy.
    我手邊沒有我的帳號。
■ Let me find my statement.
  讓我找一下我的帳單明細。
■ I'm on a business trip, can you arrange for an emergency cash delivery?
  我現在出差在外,你能不能安排派發緊急救援金?
■ Just to let you know, for security reasons, this call will be recorded.
  要知會您一下,基於安全考量,本通電話將進行錄音。
■ When was the card stolen (or lost )?
  您的信用卡是什麼時候失竊(或遺失)的?
■ It will take two to three working days for your replacement card to be delivered.
  您的信用卡補發下來需要二至三個工作天。
■ The fee for issuing a replacement card will be charged to your next statement.
  信用卡補發費用將併入您下個月的帳單明細。
■ I need to verify your identity. What's your account number? What was the last item you purchased? Where did you last use the card?
  我必須驗證您的身份。您的帳號為何?您最後購買的物品是什麼?您最後是在哪裡使用這張卡?
■ Subject to bank approval, we,ll deliver emergency cash to your hotel in six hours.
  經銀行批准後,我們會在6小時內將緊急救援金送抵您下榻的旅館。
出刊日期: 
2007/08/15
期數: 
第八十期
1. Dow Jones Average (n) 道瓊工業指數
   On Wall Street, the Dow Jones Average rose 10.77 points to close at 6,474.12.
   在美國華爾街,道瓊工業指數上漲10.77點,以6,474.12點作收。
2. stock (n) 股票 (= share; equity)
   Stocks edged to new highs on Tuesday.
   股票在星期二收盤再創新高。
3. profit-taking (adj) 獲利的;(n) 獲利了結
   Stocks shook off some early profit-taking in Monday's record-setting advance.
   股票甩掉前場的獲利,在星期一的創新追高後了結。
4. boost (v) 推升(股價等);(n) 上升(=increase)
 The company boosted its sales this year.
   這家公司使今年的銷售量提升了。
5. blue chips (n) 績優股
   Blue chips generally pay dividends and are favorably regarded by investors.
 績優股一般來說會分股利,受到投資者的歡迎。
6. portfolio (n) 投資組合;資產配置;有價證券組合
   The portfolio generated impressive positive returns.
 這項投資組合產生令人印象深刻的獲利。
7. surge (v/n) 急漲
   Banc One's share surged.
   Banc One's的股票急漲。
8. plunge (v) 突然下跌;(n)急跌
   Discreet Logic plunged after the company said it would report a significant loss in the third quarter.
 衛道科技公司在宣佈其第三季季報將出現巨額虧損後,公司股價暴跌。
RSS feed